Wednesday 28 April 2010

How to draw Caricatures

If you are here to find out how to draw caricatures, you are in the wrong place. The right place is here: http://www.tomrichmond.com/blog/2008/02/21/how-to-draw-caricatures-relationship-of-features/ Tom Richmond is fantastic at it. He is also very good, it seems, at explaining some of the how tos. For some reason I am very excited about the idea of looking at and drawing caricatures. We were at Legoland the other day and they had someone drawing them. Very simple. Very, very simple line drawings with a thick marker and little or no shading. Your typical theme park caricature I guess. they were great, the likenesses were excellent. I find it genuinely interesting. I wish I had more drawing skillz. I have some. But not many. The ones I have are underdeveloped. If I had more time and less hobbies I'd sit down and work through some caricature drawing lessons. I don't think that's going to happen. So in the meantime I'll snatch a few ideas from http://www.tomrichmond.com/ and try to improve my doodles as I sit at my desk doing my proper job.

No comments: